New Servers x4

General discussions.

Moderators: The Council Team, The Support Team, The Admin Team

New Servers x4

Postby <Ca>JaggedCougar » Friday, 18th April, 2014. 20:34

Sorry for the wait people. As you can see from the updated trackers, we have a jk2 server again. We are hosted with EscapedTurkey (good old times!), which was just put under new ownership (GorillaNerd). Unfortunately for euros, ET's servers are located in Chicago and not the east coast, so your pings will likely go up a bit. You will also notice that we have a jk3 server on the same IP, though under jk3's port. Both are configured the same as they were before. I have a few idea's regarding the jk3 server, but I will run them by CT/SIT first, before throwing them out here as if they were set in stone already.

With that out of the way, I would also like say that in addition to our new jk3 server, we have 2 other servers with which we can test new games. This will allow us to try other games and see if anything works out, even if only for a handful of Ca. I think that fully migrating to a new game will never work. However, having groups of friends/clanmates organize game days to play on our multiple servers could work, with a little effort. We've yet to discuss the new servers behind closed doors in CT/SIT, but I wanted to go ahead and put this out there so we have public opinion running concurrently with any eventual closed door discussions. Personally I'm fairly open to what we can test the servers with, as we have both jk2/jk3 accounted for. I would say there should be some sort of consensus though before effort is put into one of the new servers (though currently they ARE sitting idle). Oh, and we also have a 400 slot mumble server that is not yet setup, yeah... 400.

To start, I'd like to throw my hat at a possible Team Fortress 2 server, as it is ones of the games I play weekly if not daily. I particularly think tf2 would fit Ca's style, as the game is very fun, team oriented, noob friendly, not too graphically intensive, and is free to play. So let's get this ball rolling.
This post has been Omg Yes™ approved.

.Jagged.Cougar. - I am Purple.
<Ca>JaggedCougar
Happy♥Purple♥Love

Articles: 1
National Flag:
United States of America

Re: New Servers x4

Postby <Ca>Shinja » Saturday, 19th April, 2014. 00:44

I'm still astounded by the fact that you managed to get 4 servers for the price that you did, MY HERO! :oops:

As for the two yet to be decided servers, my only suggestion atm would be StarBound. I've not played it yet but I like the idea of people being able to connect to a persistent world and being able to change it permanently. I'm pretty sure that's how it would work anyway..
Image ImageImage
Image<- Ty JC :]
ImageImage
ImageImage
<Ca>Shinja
Dásachtach

National Flag:
Scotland

Re: New Servers x4

Postby Gringo » Saturday, 19th April, 2014. 16:47

lugormod. FUCKING LUGORMOD. gimme ftp i'll upload

hahaha